Snacking is easy with these 10 healthy on-the-go ideas!
Snacking is an essential part of maintaining a healthy metabolism. But, when you're on the go, it can sometimes be hard to grab healthy snacks that aren't loaded in calories and fat.
First of all, you want to snack on foods that are rich in protein and fiber. Here are 10 easy healthy snacks on-the-go that don't require much time or ingredients!
Simple On-the-Go Snack Options
- Ham, blue cheese and apple stack: Not only is this snack easy to make, but its also 68 calories!
- Tuna and apple salad: Tuna doesn’t take time to make as long as you have a bowl and some low-fat mayo or olive oil. Sweeten it up with apples or some walnuts, honey, and dill weed.
- Sweet potato wedges: As long a you prepare these ahead of time, you can pop these into your bag and go. Cut into wedges, drizzle with olive oil, season with chili powder and kosher salt.
- Chips: No, not potato chips! I'm talking about sweet potato and kale chips. Olive oil and salt is all that’s needed after slicing and baking.
- Cucumber cups with hummus: Remove the cucumber seeds and replace with hummus. Who knew that a snack under 40 calories existed!
- Cherry tomatoes with goat cheese: Try some creamy goat cheese sprinkled with parsley, chives and basil with wedged-cut tomatoes. Eat this as a snack or even serve as an appetizer at a dinner party. This is a great way to incorporate healthy snacking for everyone.
- Goat cheese and honey on a cracker: This simple snack includes smoothed goat cheese and two other ingredients. It's only 72 calories.
- Banana walnut cookies: Bananas, raw oats and walnuts, yum! Cookies made from all natural ingredients could only mean healthy delicious-ness!
- Chia pudding: Made from unsweetened coconut or almond milk, chia seeds, vanilla extract and cinnamon, this pudding is a refreshing snack that can also be served as dessert.
- Bite-size lettuce tacos: Make tacos sans the bread and corn. This unconventional way of making tacos is easy and you don’t even need meat. Stuff your mini lettuce taco with veggies.
See, it is possible to snack healthily! Ditch the excuses and pack your bags with these simple snack ideas.