Green Apple Lemon Smoothie
Celery is perfect for those healthy green smoothies!
- 2 green apples, decored and cut in half
- 5-6 kale leaves
- 4 stalks of celery, medium
- ½ lemon, peeled
- 1 medium cucumber
Served best on a roll, bagel, croissant, or even spread on crackers!
- 2 ½ cups of cooked chicken, diced
- 1 cup of celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup of seedless grapes, halved
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- 1 small minced onion
- ½ tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup of Miracle Whip
Crab Meat Salad with Celery
Take your salad to a whole new level!
- 2 hard boiled eggs, roughly chopped
- 4 stalks of diced celery
- 1 can of jumbo lump crab, drained (6.5 oz)
- ¼ cup of halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup of freshly chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons of EVOO
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
Roasted Butternut Squash Side Dish
A new side dish to try for family dinners!
- 2 cups of cubed butternut squash
- 2 cups of fresh cranberries
- 3 chopped celery ribs
- 1 chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp of chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- ¼ cup of chopped pecans
- 1 lime
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
Directions: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Add the squash, cranberries, celery, red onion, and the freshly chopped rosemary in a large bowl. Then add the olive oil, pecans, salt and pepper. Juice the lime and pour over the vegetables until thoroughly coated. Place in a large pan and roast for 45 minutes.
Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Get that buffalo chicken craving in check while also staying healthy!
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 2 tbsp of butter
- ½ tbsp of olive oil
- ½ cup of Red Hot Buffalo Wing sauce
- ½ tsp of celery seed
- ½ cup of celery, thinly sliced
- 2 heads of lettuce
- Blue cheese crumbles
- Ranch dressing
- Pepper to taste
Directions: Cook and shred the chicken first. Once the chicken is finished, keep the pan on medium heat and add the butter and olive oil. Add the sauce and celery seed, then the pepper to taste. Once the sauce begins to bubble, remove from heat. Add the celery. Serve on a piece of lettuce, adding the dressing and cheese to your liking.
Recipe from ellaclaireinspired.com
For those colder spring days, this soup is the perfect way to warm up!
- 6 slices of thin bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 carrots, cleaned and diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 6 small russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 8 cups of low sodium chicken (or vegetable) broth
- 3 tbsp of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of milk
- ½ cup of heavy cream
- ½ tsp of salt
- Black pepper to taste
- ½ tsp of Cajun spice mix
- 1 tsp of fresh parsley, minced
- 1 cup of any cheese, grated
Directions: First cook the bacon in the pot, then remove the bacon and most of the grease. Cook the onions, carrots and celery in the pot (uncleaned) for two minutes. Add the potatoes and cook for five more minutes, adding salt, pepper and Cajun seasoning. Pour in the broth and bring to a boil, cooking for 10 minutes. Whisk together the flour and the milk in a separate bowl, then pour into the soup, cooking for another 5 minutes. Remove ½ of the soup contents and blend in a food processor. Pour back in, and stir in the cream. Garnish soups with parsley, grated cheese and bacon pieces.
Recipe from thepioneerwoman.com
Black Pepper Chicken
Celery can still help to satisfy that Chinese food craving!
- 2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts, diced in 1-inch cubes
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tsp of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp of fresh grated ginger (optional)
- 5 stalks of celery, ¼ inch slices
- 1 medium onion, thin slices
- 2/3 packages of Fresh Yakisoba (typically a 17 ox package with 3 individually wrapped noodle portions)
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tsp of sesame oil
- ½ packages of Yakisoba Seasoning (optional if noodles came with it)
Directions: Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat, cook the chicken with the black pepper, garlic and ginger. Once cooked, add the onion, celery and Yakisoba noodles. Add the rest of the seasonings with a splash of water (if necessary). Cook until the celery and onion are barely tender.
Recipe from tastykitchen.com
Another great side dish for family gatherings!
- 8 stalks of celery, scrubbed and ends trimmed, cut into 1-inch slices on the diagonal
- 1 tbsp of butter
- Pinch of salt and ground black pepper
- ½ cup of vegetable stock
Directions: Heat butter on a skillet over medium heat. Add celery, salt and pepper, cook until tender. Bring the heat to low and add the broth, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Uncover and cook for another 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
Recipe from A Girl Defloured
Pimiento Cheese Stuffed Celery
The new after school snack that your kids will love!
- 1 ¼ cups of light mayo
- 1 jar of diced pimiento, drained (4 oz)
- 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp of ground red pepper
- 2 blocks of 2% reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, finely shredded (8 oz each)
- 6 celery ribs, cut into 4-inch pieces
- Paprika for garnish
Directions: Stir together the light mayo, pimiento, Worcestershire sauce and ground red pepper in a medium bowl. Then stir in cheese. Spread 1 tbsp of cheese mixture into each celery rib. Store in airtight container, good for up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
Recipe from myrecipes.com
Bread and Celery Stuffing
Stuffing isn’t just meant for Thanksgiving meals. Have it with every dinner meal!
- 12 ounces of dry bread cubes
- 2 cups of celery, diced
- 2 cups of onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp of Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp of fresh sage, chopped
- 1 tbsp of fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tsp of salt
- ½ tsp of black pepper
- 8 tbsp of butter
- 2 ½ cups of turkey broth (or chicken broth)
Directions: Preheat the oven at 325 degrees. Saute the onions, celery, herbs, salt and pepper in butter until soft. Combine the bread cubes by tossing lightly, adding enough broth to make the cubes wet by not soggy. Place in a backing pan. Cover with foil and cook for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake for 15 more minutes. Check temperature before serving, as it must be 165-170 degrees.
Recipe from palatablepastime.com
More articles you may like