Pop in your favorite movie with these fantastic (and healthy) munchies!
If you plan on watching one movie or a whole marathon, you will need your favorite healthy snack to enjoy and not feel guilty the next day. Healthy snacks for the fam to enjoy while kicking back are not that hard to come by and can be prepared at home or purchased at the store!
12 Healthy Television Watching Snacks
- Apples and peanut butter: Apples help protect the body from heart disease while peanut butter will give you enough protein to keep you from getting hungry.
- Chips and guacamole: Dip whole-grain or roasted chips into guacamole. Avocados can help lower cholesterol.
- Vegetables and pita plate with hummus: Slice up some bell peppers, carrots or celery alongside some whole-grain pita. Add your favorite flavor of hummus and enjoy.
- Graham crackers with Nutella: If you're craving something sweet, add a serving size of Nutella to whole-grain Graham Crackers.
- Greek yogurt with raspberries and almonds: Greek yogurt can help improve digestion while almonds and raspberries are known to reduce inflammation.
- Mozzarella cheese and grapes: The protein from the cheese will help keep you full while the grapes will help increase metabolism and weight-loss.
- Cottage cheese filled avocado: This protein based snack will help keep you full for a long period of time while the avocados will give you enough potassium to increase the absorption of other nutrients.
- Canned tuna on whole-wheat crackers: This fatty fish can help lower triglycerides while improving heart function.
- Warm pears with cinnamon: By toasting the pears in the oven (or toaster), they will become easier to digest while the cinnamon will help improve immunity.
- Edamame with sea salt: By eating one cup of edamame, you're ingesting 6 percent of all your daily vitamins with the exception of vitamin D. Roast the edamame for a super succulent flavor.
- Protein bars: If you need a quick fix of carbohydrates, chocolate or nuts, pick up your favorite brand of protein bars. Most are fortified with extra nutrients to ensure you're getting the necessary vitamins and minerals.
- Veggie Tostada: Place a layer of black beans, guacamole or hummus on top of a crispy tostada. Add anything from pico de gallo, roasted peppers, onions and even corn.