Sure- opening a can of soup and dumping it into a saucepan is a lot easier than making your own from scratch. But like most pre-packaged meals, a lot of soups on the grocery store shelves are high in sodium or sugar. When you make your own soup, you can control how much sugar and salt goes in, which is especially important for people looking for heart-healthy and diabetes-friendly meals. This soup is a roasted red pepper soup, but we're calling it "All Blender Soup" because you need to do is throw everything in the blender and voila! all that is left is to heat it up. Soup's on!
- 2 12oz jars roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 28oz can no salt added crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder or 1 clove fresh garlic
- pinch red pepper flakes
- Add all of the ingredients to the blender. Puree.
- Add soup to saucepan. Heat for about 10 minutes, or until hot.