Wouldn't it be wonderful to wake up and have a warm, delicious breakfast waiting for you? With this slow cooker recipe, it's no longer a dream. Throw all the ingredients into the slow cooker right before you go to bed and you'll wake up to the smell of this breakfast casserole.
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) breakfast sausage
- 1 sweet red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 4oz can diced mild green chilies
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 package (30 oz) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Cook sausage according directions and slice into 1/4 inch pieces.
- In a bowl, combine red pepper, green chilies, and cilantro.
- In a different bowl, beat the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
- In the pot of a slow cooker, layer one-third of the hash browns, sausage, red pepper mixture, and cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- Pour egg mixture over layered ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until thermometer inserted in the center reads 160°.