When it's cold, there's nothing better than curling up with a hot bowl of soup. Like with the All-Blender Soup, this soup is pretty easy- instead of a blender, everything just goes into pot. A tip for cutting down on the prep time is to buy the veggies already cut. Most grocery stores will sell packages of pre-cut veggies like onions, carrots, peppers or celery in the produce section. This recipe uses an immersion blender at the end, but if you don't have one, just scoop out a good portion of the potatoes and broccoli and put them in a blender for a few minutes.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced small
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt and fresh pepper
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese
- In a large soup pot, melt butter. Add chopped vegetables and saute on low heat until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add flour, salt, and pepper, and stir until smooth.
- Add chicken broth, milk, and potatoes and set heat to high until it comes to a boil. Cover and cook on low until potatoes are soft, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add broccoli and parmesan cheese and stir well. Cook uncovered until broccoli is cooked, about 5 minutes. Add cheddar cheese, stir well, and remove from heat.
- Use a immersion blender to blend the soup for a few minutes to make it creamier.