When it's cold out, there's nothing better than a warm bowl of soup. Forget the canned versions- this is a homemade chicken noodle soup. Chicken Noodle Soup really encompasses the 21 Day Challenge in several ways- it's an easy recipe to follow, it doesn't take a lot of your time, it's low cost, good for you, and it makes enough to take for lunch. What's not to love?
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups carrots, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 1. Add all of the ingredients except noodles and parsley to the crockpot.
- Cook for 6-7 hours on low.
- Remove chicken and either dice or shred.
- Return chicken to crockpot and add the noodles and parsley.
- Cook for about 5-10 minutes more, until the noodles are cooked through.
See more great recipes on the 21 Day Challenge!