There's a lot of talk about email marketing these days.
In the age of social networks, it seems that some think that this tool is no longer as powerful as it used to be. If you think that email marketing is affecting your business in a negative way, then you have a lot of things to think about. The problem with traditional email marketing methods is stagnation, which is why if you want to continue using this channel to promote your services, then you will have to make some changes in your strategy. Here are five pointers to help do this.
1. Attracting the Wrong Type of Subscribers : Only send emails to those people who actually read them. Otherwise, you could be viewed as a spammer. Do you like getting unwanted solicitations? Create a rock-solid email marketing list of engaged prospects and potential clients. Make sure you communicate with them on a consistent basis.
2. Inconsistent Publishing Schedule : Again, consistency is paramount! This way, your audience will know when to expect your correspondence. In addition, consistently is also important because most people are creatures of habit, and you can use those habits to your advantage.
3. Not Asking for Action: Always ask your audience to take action. Perhaps you want them to visit one of your blog articles, or perhaps you want them to sign up for your weekly newsletter; or opt into your sales page. Whatever the case might be, you need to be clear about what it is you want them to do.
4. No Personality : Getting people to sign up on an email list requires a certain degree of relationship building. You must be genuine to convince your audience that you're not just after their money. The point here is that a message with personality is more trustworthy than a carefully worded formal document.
5. Forgetting the Emotional Element: Finally, it's important to remember that email lists fail because they don't appeal to their audience's biases and emotions. People usually enter into contracts and transactions because of how they feel, and that's what you need to tap into.
In conclusion, if you want to fix your email marketing campaign, it's important to start with your email list. Whatever the case might be, the task remains the same and that is enticing your email recipients into reading your content.
So if you're fond of sending out emails to your audience and clients, try to put yourself in their position. What would it take for you to open the emails that you send out to them?
Get more career and business advice from Sylvia via her blog sylviabrowder.com as well as nawomenrise.com!