Being happy is something you choose. You can choose to be happy. You can choose to be angry. You can choose to be sad. But happy people not only live longer but have less stress. Take on a happy disposition with these five simple steps.
1. Stop Thinking Negatively. Another negative thought can change your feelings about yourself and others. A.N. T.s (Another Negative Thought) need to be stomped out and forgotten. Each time that A.N.T. comes into your picnic, just pick up and move it. Keep the glass half full as opposed to half empty and see what good things can happen.
2. Stop Blaming Others. When things go wrong, it’s no time to blame others. You can choose to remedy a problem or focus on how it happened. But in the long run, you can’t change the past. Understand and accept your responsibility or the fact that it’s out of your hands and move on. Staying in the blame causes misery and despair. Happy people take on problems, find solutions and trust themselves to make good things happen. Accept the things you cannot change and have the courage to change the things you can.
3. Stop Seeking Revenge. Revenge comes from anger and resentment. Rise above the anger and rise above the issues. Taking the high road always works out better in the long run. Karma does come around and live up to being your best self. Even if you’re deeply hurt, make peace and forgive.
4. Stop Giving Up. Do not let yourself become a victim and give up on a challenge. There’s always another path that can be taken. Happy people do not place limits on themselves but put effort into making things different instead of letting negative attitudes take hold of their being. Dream your way out of situations to find solutions that might surprise you.
5. Stop Gossiping. The only time to talk about others is with kind words and sincerity. Talking behind people’s back never has positive outcomes and rarely finds full truth. Live your truth by being happy and improve the success of others. Think before you speak… and like you’re mother told you, “If you don’t have something nice to say, don’t say it at all”.
Don’t worry be happy! It’s not just a song, but a way to live your life.