Sometimes it's hard to think about packing a gym bag, heading out the door, and planning a workout. Here are 5 ways to get in shape without really trying... think of it as the "Laidback Lady's workout".
1. Get it done first. Get up and get moving. People who exercise first thing in the morning are more likely to stick to a routine. Set the alarm 15 minutes earlier so you can at least get in a brisk 10 minute walk.
2. Express Workouts. Think of keeping your workouts under 30 minutes and combine both cardio and strength. Tabata and High Intensity Interval Training. (HIIT) workouts are great for this and done in under 30 minutes.
3. Watch TV. Get on the floor and watch your favorite TV shows with the commercial break time. Make those minutes count with sit-ups or push-ups during each commercial break
4. Girlfriend Gab Time. Make the most of your socializing. Instead of cocktails burn calories when catching up with your BFF's and take a walk or run. It's a purposeful multi-tasking and motivating time.
5. Commute on foot. Change up your morning commute by walking or riding a portion of your route. Even think about taking the stairs at least once a week.
Making small changes can give you big results. Stop being lazy and get up and get moving.