Marriage is all about communication and honesty so before you tie the knot, you and your fiancé should know your feelings and expectations for your relationship and your future. We suggest making an evening of it! Have a little dinner and champagne and ask each other these crucial questions before getting married.
6 Questions to Ask Your Fiancé Before Marriage
- What is love? Share your definitions of love with each other. Don’t just answer on the surface, dig deep. What does it mean to love and be loved? Use your relationship and things that he or you have done as examples.
- Why you? Why me? Even though it’s easier said than done, tell each other why you love each other. What is it about them that made you fall in love?
- What are your hopes and dreams for the future? Where do you see your relationship going? Are children in the picture? If so, when? If you are both working, how will you divvy up child rearing responsibilities? Tell each other how you want your love to grow and where you want it to go.
- What’s working so great in your relationship? What is working so perfectly in your relationship right now that you two would never want to change?
- What obstacles do you two currently face? Are there any hurdles or difficulties in your relationship? Talk to each other about how you can overcome these hurdles and how they could possibly better your love.
- Who have been your role models in love? Was it your parents that showed you what a meaningful and real marriage is?
This is a great chance for you and your future hubby to really dig deep into your emotions and explore each other. You may be surprised at how intimate and more connected you will feel.