Was your relationship in a bit of a funk in 2013?
Get together with your guy and make a New Year's resolution together! Whether you want to communicate better or just have more fun, the following New Year's resolution ideas will make a huge difference.
First, make sure your significant other wants to make a relationship New Year's resolution because this is the first step for the goal to be successful. Communicate issues that maybe you haven't had the right time to talk about and share how you want to start this year out right with each other.
7 New Year's Resolution Ideas For Your Relationship
- Don’t wait until Thanksgiving or the Christmas holiday season to do good in your community. Volunteer in your area at a soup kitchen and spread cheer with your beau all year round! This will not only create new memories for you, but could even help you to be more considerate and grateful for each other.
- If both of you have a goal to shed a few pounds or just get fit, make a plan to exercise together. It gives you an excuse to see each other a few times a week and motivates you to improve your health.
- Try not to argue as much. Of course, all couples have their spats, but there’s always room to cut it down a bit. This especially rings true when it comes to things that could very well be petty in the grand scheme of things. If you have a serious issue with your boyfriend, have a real conversation with him about it with the intent to find a solution that makes both of you happy.
- Nix the multi-tasking. If spending quality time together is something that comes once in a lifetime, you might not want to waste that precious time on Facebook or scrolling through your text messages.
- If you and your beau have a bad habit you’re trying to drop, do it together for a New Year's resolution! It will give you a common goal to work toward and most likely bring you closer once you’ve reached your achievement.
- Make playtime a priority! Whether this involves take a pottery, a painting class together, or going ice skating. Simply do any type of activity that will let both of you loosen up a little bit and just have fun without worrying about how you look or what could go wrong.
- Experiment by cooking together. How much fun would that be? This kind of activity lets both of you relax after a hard day’s work and also helps create teamwork and conversation. If you’re not the best cook, this resolution will let you get a little practice in without the pressure of making an entire meal by yourself. Of course, this is also an excuse to get romantic, too!
These along with going on date nights, listening to each other and saying “I love you” a little more often are definite keys for a better relationship in 2014.