Holiday season is officially over, but Valentine’s Day will be here before you know it.
Valentine's Day is creeping up fast, which means it's time to crack down on those gifts for that special someone. But how do you find the perfect gift without being corny or cheesy?
Instead of getting the typical teddy bear, box of chocolates and bouquet of roses, try these gifts.
Non-Corny Valentine’s Day Gifts
- Write a love letter: These days anyone can get caught in the world of social media and technology. Penning a letter from the heart is not only cost-effective, but it shows your efforts and is much more thoughtful than almost anything technology can do.
- Framed quotes: Remind your partner how much you love them with a picture frame full of romantic quotes. Whether it’s a quote you thought of or even one from a special song that you share, the frame will be a constant remind for them.
- Homemade treats: It is said that the best gift is one for the stomach. So why not make your love some of their favorite sweets like cakes, pies and tarts. Make the treats Valentines-festive by cutting them into heart shapes, using red frosting and lots of sprinkles! If you’re not the best cook, rally up someone close to you who also needs a gift and loves to cook!
- Take the $20 Date Challenge: Go on a non-expensive date extravaganza and leave the house with only $20. It could even bring the two of you closer together as you brainstorm for how to spend the night together. You could sit outside of a restaurant with live music and enjoy the tunes or order appetizers at your favorite eatery.
- Day of pampering: You might not be the only one hoping and praying you’re surprised with this on Valentine’s Day. Everyone needs a day of relaxation and pampering!
- I.O.U. Sensual coupons: What’s Valentine’s Day without a sexy gift? He’ll definitely be going out of his way to make sure he redeems them.