A Few Ideas and Tips to Transform Your Early Mornings!
Sometimes, we all need a little wakeup call in the mornings to get us going. And, there are ways to switch up your morning routine. Maybe you need to upgrade your morning with more sleep, perhaps you need a little extra time before you go to work to make a nice breakfast. Go over these ways on how to upgrade your morning routine, switch up your morning, and become a morning person (yes, a morning person! And we're completely serious)!
Ways to Upgrade Your Morning
1. Get Ready the Night Before
- Put a timer on your coffee pot the night before so it will turn on by itself in the morning.
- Set out your clothing for work or school the night before and do the same for your kids.
- Pack your bags the night before with all your school and work needs.
- Put your hair in rollers or braids. That way in the morning, you won’t need to do much, just a little hairspray.
- Write your to-do list the night before so you can roll out of bed and go.
2. Trick Yourself
Set your alarm clock later than it actually is. That way, you can set your alarm later and when you turn over in the morning, you’ll see a later time but you’ll be right on time! Seeing a later time will help you get out of bed. And, move your alarm away from your bed, that way you have to get up to turn it off.
3. Relax Your Body and Mind
- Do a nice stretch when you get out of bed.
- Meditate for 10 minutes after you wake up.
- Have a small cup of coffee, but try having tea later instead of another cup of coffee.
4. Get Yourself Ready First
Get yourself ready first, THEN take care of your kids. Get up a little earlier to complete your routine, then help out the kids. That way, you won’t be rushing. And, don’t make them do chores in the morning; leave that for after school.
5. Have Breakfast
It’s the most important meal of the day. So, do something simple and fast like oatmeal, fruit, or cereal. You could even make breads or quiche the day before and freeze them. Eat within an hour of waking up- that’s when your metabolism is at its peak.
6. Put on Simple Makeup
Just use mascara and a little tinted moisturizer. If you're looking to brighten up your face using makeup, check out our article for tips.
7. Sleep Longer
Don’t eat too much too late, no caffeine before bed, and get to bed early so you can get enough sleep. Sleep is the number one way to upgrade your morning routine. Also try to limit your television and cell phone usage before you hop into bed.
You’ll slowly become a morning person with these tips, so see if these ways to upgrade your morning routine work for you and your busy-bee family!
If you have any other tips or tricks for switching up your morning routine, let us know on Facebook or Twitter!