Ever wish your bathroom and bedroom looked more spacious? There are plenty of tricks you can try to make a room look bigger than it really is. If you live in a small city apartment, these tips will give you ample room for furniture, decorating and having people over! Maybe you have a big house but your bathroom is tiny. These are frugal and easy ways to make any cramped spot get some more space.
How to Make a Room Look Bigger
1. Take the doors off your cabinets. Even though you will have to be more organized, it totally works!
2. Remember that less is more. The more you bring into your home or space, the more crowded it will look and feel.
3. Paint horizontal lines. This will make the room look wider. Try this look in your bathroom for a modern look.
4. Paint a statement wall. Paint a wall of the room a darker or lighter color to really give the illusion of more space.
5. Utilize your wall for closet space. Hang up shoes or jewelry!
6. Hang curtains all the way up to the ceiling. This gives the impression of higher ceilings.
7. Put up mirrored finishes. It catches light, which makes the space seem bigger.
8. Use an area rug in your living area or dining area. This creates a “room.”
Try these simple tips for redecorating or moving to make your place or a room look and feel bigger...and shock all those who come to visit!