These tips will save you from breaking the bank this holiday.
We’ve all made some rookie mistakes when shopping for the holiday. It can be spending too much on a pack of cheese because your favorite grocery store ran out on Thanksgiving Day to buying all expensive name brand gifts. Well, no more spending too much this holiday. Instead, you’re going to save money on holiday shopping. We have nine money-saving tips for holiday shopping that will make you wonder why you never did these before.
Save Money Holiday Shopping
- Make a list of what you intend to buy (groceries and gifts) and from where. Stick to it as best you can.
- Shop earlier in the day to make sure stores don’t run out of what you need to purchase.
- Use coupons.
- Buy gift cards. You don’t have to worry about taxes or it costing more than you expected.
- Mark your calendar for when stores have door-busting sales.
- Budget each gift and overall shopping expenses. If it’s not in the budget, make a plan-b.
- Don’t shop with small children. Kids see things they want and the idea isn’t to spend more, but to spend less.
- Buy the off-brand. Some off-brand items can be just as good as the name brand. Depending on what it is, you get a similar product by a different brand with just as much quality.
- Bring a snack. Shopping is hard work and can cause you to work up a sweat and get hungry. You won’t risk buying a hamburger with all the trimmings if you bring food along. It will save you several bucks in the end.
How do you plan to use these tips on your holiday shopping excursion?