What are you missing in your gym bag?
The American Council on Exercise helps regulate, research and lead the best fitness trainers and instructors in the world. With hundreds of industry articles shared daily, I reached out during the International Health and Racquet Sports Association show in sunny San Diego to see what their top trainers are putting in their gym bags. Turns out, it's more than just gym shoes and workout clothes!
Here's what ACE certified trainers remind us to have in gym bags:
- "Deodorant. That’s always a must." – Alex Link, ACE-certified Personal Trainer and Health Coach
- "I keep a visor, sunscreen and towel for those outdoor, hot and sweaty workouts!" - Jacque Ratliff, MS, CSCS and ACE exercise physiologist
- "Since it’s still a little cool outside, in the spring, I like to keep a pullover just in case I decide to do a quick run on my lunch break." – Makeba Edwards, ACE-certified Personal Trainer and Group Fitness Instructor
- "Sunscreen!" – Belinda Thompson, ACE-certified Personal Trainer, Health Coach and Group Fitness Instructor
- "DIAL Anti-bacterial soap." – Chris Gagliardi, ACE-certified Personal Trainer, Health Coach, Group Fitness Instructor and Advanced Health & Fitness Specialist
- "A triggerpoint ball to roll with, 2 cones for marking my distances and a can of Bio Freeze – I use this to spray on my feet as they get very hot running on the track!" – Anthony Wall, MS, ACE director of professional education
- The one thing I think people need to keep in their gym bag during spring is chapstick. We always think to put on sunscreen, but forget chapstick and there’s nothing worse than being stuck outside without it!" - Jessie Newell, ACE-certified Personal Trainer and Health Coach
Being an ACE certified trainer myself, I have one more thing to add: A POSITIVE ATTITUDE!
You can't make it to the next workout or through the day without one. Get a thirty minute workout each day and remember, you're worth it!