These adaptations of almond butter will have you begging for more! Start using almond butter in a variety of recipes and you can reap the benefits of this nutritionally dense superfood. Almonds offer cardiovascular benefits not found in regular butter. They also offer a healthy serving of fiber which allows you to digest food. By using almond butter in recipes like soba noodles and steel-cut oats, you're hopping on the road to healthier eating patterns!
Soba Noodles with Almond Butter Shrimp
Use this recipe to impress friends and family with your healthy choices!
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 8 ounces buckwheat soba noodles
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1 cup toasted almonds
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 to 3 Tbsp of lime juice (depending on preference)
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp wasabi
- Medium size chunk of ginger, coarsely chopped
- 1 pound of shredded napa cabbage
- 2 green onions
- 1 pepper: red, green, orange or yellow will work
- ¼ shaved and cubed cucumber
- Dash of sesame seeds
- Boil water and cook noodles for about 4 to 5 minutes. Rinse noodles in cold water and drain.
- Combine almond butter, soy sauce, coconut oil, lime juice wasabi, ginger and sesame oil in blender and blend until mixture is creamy and smooth.
- Place noodles into pain and drain the mixture on top. Add vegetables, almonds and sesame seeds. Combine all ingredients and serve.
Steel Cut Oats with Almond Butter
Make this recipe the night before in a slow cooker and you will be pleasantly surprised!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: Overnight
Yield: 2 to 3 servings
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups almond, coconut or soy milk
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 3 Tbsp raw honey
- ½ cup steel-cut oatmeal