This recipe takes the kid-friendly trend of burrito in a bowl and infuses it with the spicy, classic flavor of Italian Arrabbiata.
Arrabbiata Sausage Bowl
Serves 4-6 people
• 1 package Johnsonville Fully Cooked Chicken Sausage Italian StyleWith Cheese
• 1 can white cannellini beans
• 1 jar spicy arrabbiata tomato sauce
• 2 cloves garlic
• 1 cup sliced, deseeded bell peppers
• Red chili flakes
• Italian Bread (slice and grill)
• Shaved Parmesan cheese
Dice sausage into small pieces. Slice garlic and peppers.
In a soup pot over medium heat, sauté sausage and garlic until lightly browned. Add tomato sauce. Add beans and ½ cup stock or water. Cook for 15-20 minutes. Finish with Italian bread and shaved Parmesan cheese. For more greens in the dish, add spinach with the tomato sauce.