Are you single and ready to mingle? These 19 cities excel in the off-hours of the day with night clubs, dive bars, and fabulous dining plus meet-up locations.
Having prime date locations, like The Brooklyn Museum or the San Diego Museum of Art, are key to a good singles city. For example, Boston has an amazing bookstore and holds trivia nights while Downtown L.A. has a bar that stocks up on old-school video games!
What else needs to be considered? Finding out what the locals enjoy the most. For example, a New Orleans native says that festivals are a great place to meet singles in the city. If you are about to make the massive decision of moving or are planning a trip, here are some suggestions for places to go in the 19 best cities for singles.
- Miami: When not enjoying the gorgeous locale, a few go-to locations should be "Wall" at W South Beach, Tamarina and Wynwood Art Walks.
- Houston: Some perfect locations are HooksEpstein, Catherine Couturie Gallery, La Carafe and Public Services Wine and Whisky.
- New Orleans: If you are on a date in New Orleans, consider Hi-Ho Lounge, Bacchanal and Fulton Alley.
- Austin: Be sure to check out Wonderland, East Side King truck, The Picnic, Turf N Surf Po' Boy and Hey Cupcake.
- Atlanta: If you are in this part of Georgia, go to the Dancing Goats Coffee Bar and Holeman and Finch.
- Las Vegas: We can't begin to put together a list of places to check out in Las Vegas, but if you need a start, Drai's at The Cromwell, Commonwealth and BLVD Cocktail are a few places to consider.
- Nashville: Dancing isn't the only fun part of Nashville, but the standing-room-only Marathon Music Works is a sure place to check out.
- Los Angeles: If you are in LA, check out Ace Hotel to 82, The Varnish and Coles French Dip.
- New York City: Consider Brooklyn Museum, Rubin Museum and Randolph at Broome if you are in NYC.
- Minneapolis: Whether you are visiting or moving here, check out Mager and Quinn, Matrin Patrick3, Freehouse and Surly Brewing.
- San Diego: San Diego has hundreds of places to go, but consider Bottega Americano, Balboa Park and Culture and Cocktails.
- Kansas City: If you are in Kansas City, go to Westport ale House, Julep, Boulevard Brewing Co, Cinder Block Brewery or Back Rack Grill.
- Chicago: If you are in the windy city, check out Sheffield's, Vice District Brewing, SummerDance, Maggie Daley Park or the Chicago French Market.
- Dallas: A few fun places to go to are The Libertine Bar, GeO-Deck and Five Sixty.
- Providence: If you are in Rhode Island, try The Dorrance or AS220.
- Cleveland: The Cleveland Art Museum, 78th Street Studios, Market Garden Brewery and Great Lakes Brewing are some awesome places to check out.
- Tampa: If you are in Florida and near Tampa, consider going to Gaspar's Grotto, Gasparilla festivities, Fly Bar and Skippers Smokehouse.
- Baltimore: Power Plant Live, Bookmakers Cocktail Club and Mothers Federal Hill Grille are just a few of the awesome date locations in Baltimore.
- San Francisco: If you are living in San Fran, try going to The Hidden Vine, Urban Putt and Hotel Zetta.