It happens to everyone, you wake up and just can't seem to make yourself go to work.
According to CareerBuilder, an employee once used the excuse that his false teeth flew out the window while he was driving down the highway to get out of work. When people are not willing enough to make it to work, they often don't even bother coming up with a good (or believable) excuse! Here are the 10 of the most ridiculous excuses for ditching work.
Fair warning- if you're feeling like playing hooky, it may not be the best idea for you to use any of these excuses. A survey showed that one in five employers say they have fired an employee for calling in sick with a fake reason.
10 Most Ridiculous Reasons for Ditching Work
1. I just put a casserole in the oven
2. My plastic surgery needed some 'tweaking' to get it just right
3. I was sitting in the bathroom and my feet and my legs fell asleep. When I stood up, I fell and broke my ankle.
4. I had been at the casino all weekend and still had money left to play with on Monday morning.
5. I woke up in a good mood and didn't want to ruin it.
6. I had a 'lucky night' and didn't know where I was.
7. I got stuck in the blood pressure machine at the grocery store and couldn't get out.
8. I had a gallstone and I wanted to heal holistically.
9. I caught my uniform on fire by putting it in the microwave to dry.
10. I accidentally got on a plane.