Graduation 2012 party playlist
Graduation music runs the gamut of emotion that accompanies this important rite of passage for your not-so-little kiddos into the world of college and independence. Graduation party playlists have a few staples that make the list of graduation songs year after year but graduation 2012 has a few new songs to mark the ending of an era. Whether you’re throwing a graduation party for your 2012 graduate, or just reminiscing and wondering where the time went, these graduation songs will make an excellent addition to your graduation party playlist.
Music for Graduation
Graduation music sets out to do two very important things…empower graduates and leave their parents in a puddle of tears on the floor. Graduation music often has inspiring lyrics focused on transition and fond memories and these sentimental songs are sure to inspire feelings of excitement and pride in 2012 graduating seniors. Graduation party playlists don’t only have to incorporate old favorites (Vitamin C anyone?) but can include some of the hottest 2012 music and songs. Add these sentimental graduation songs and top music from 2012 and you’re sure to have an amazing graduation party playlist to honor your 2012 graduate (get the tissues ready folks!)
Graduation 2012 in Music
While the days of brown bag PB&J lunches lovingly made by mom might be coming to a close, your graduate will appreciate this graduation party playlist (and believe me, they will miss crustless sammiches and those little notes in their lunches eventually.) Graduation music should focus on the sentimental as well as the incredible accomplishment of the 2012 graduating seniors. This party playlist will be a perfect addition to your graduation party honoring the graduating class of 2012.
Songs Graduation 2012
Put these songs on your graduation party playlist and you’re graduate will always remember their fantastic graduation party.
- “Graduation (Friends Forever)” by Vitamin C- I know, I know you’re probably rolling your eyes but put this on your graduation party playlist and there won’t be a single person at the party not singing along.
- “Everybody’s Free (To Wear Sunscreen)” by Baz Luhrman- this song is a spoken word song with some very good tidbits of advice and emotion packed vocals.
- “Fly” by Nicki Minaj featuring Rihanna- this is an example of music from 2012 that is a perfect addition to your graduation party playlist. The chorus is inspirational and the beat will get graduates at your party dancing.
- “Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)” by Green Day- this song from the 90’s is maybe the coolest of all sentimental songs commonly featured on graduation party playlists. The lyrics are totally poignant and meaningful and will make your graduate nostalgic.
- “I Gotta Feeling” by Black Eyed Peas- end your graduation party with this up-beat party anthem. You might be a bit sad for your graduate to move on to college but it is really something to celebrate and this song will amp up the graduating class of 2012.
I hope you haven’t started crying yet…there’s a graduation party to plan! This graduation party playlist will please your class of 2012 graduates and make their graduation party even more special.
What’s your favorite graduation song? What did your class sing when your graduated? Let us know on Facebook and Twitter.