Make a hearty, easy meatloaf feast for your family tonight!
There’s nothing tastier and heartier than meatloaf and potatoes! This recipe is delicious and easy to make. Perfect for working moms, families or students! The whole recipes takes an hour and a half...but consider making it ahead of time and popping into the oven after work if your time is scarce!
- 1/2 cup of chopped onions and celery
- 1/4 cup of chopped green peppers
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 12 oz. jar of chili sauce
- 1 - 1/2 pounds of ground beef
- 3/4 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- Whole potatoes - 1 per person
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop up your onion, green pepper and celery and add to a skillet.
- Add butter to skillet and sauté ingredients until veggies become tender.
- Pour in your chili sauce and stir until mixed. Turn off the heat.
- In a large bowl, add your ground beef, egg and breadcrumbs and pour in half of the chili mixture and mix with spoon or hands.
- Form into a loaf and place in baking pan.
- Rinse your potatoes and rub a little butter over the skin of your potatoes if you plan to eat the skin. It’s the best part! The butter makes it extra tasty.
- Poke a few holes in the potatoes and place in oven.
- Bake your loaf and potatoes for 1 hour and take out the loaf and pour the rest of the chili mixture over the loaf. Spread evenly.
- Place back in oven for another 30 minutes.
- Remove potatoes and meatloaf from oven.
- Let loaf sit for 5 minutes before slicing.
Photo Credit: April Schallau