David Grotto, dietitian and author, suggests a variety of heart-healthy foods for your diet. Did you know that 1 in 3 women will die from heart disease? That’s a scary statistic, but there are a few foods you can eat everyday to help fight those odds! They’re nutritious and delicious! This is what Grotto recommends.
Foods That Help Fight Heart Disease
- Need your morning coffee? You can drink up to 3 cups of coffee and it can be just as hydrating as water!
- Drink green tea. It has some amazing antioxidants.
- Eat a bowl of oatmeal everyday to lower that cholesterol.
- Strawberries can help lower inflammation, particularly the inflammation that causes heart disease.
- A little glass of red wine actually helps your heart.
- Eat nuts to reduce cholesterol and reduce your chances of heart disease.