Presented by TruMoo®
It can be a struggle to answer the daily question, "What's for dinner?" Make it easier on you and exciting for your family, and throw a Breakfast for Dinner theme into your mealtime rotation! It's a fun way to get your kids to look forward to dinner, and you'll be able to share some quality family time while everyone's in a good mood. Make it a whole theme and have everyone get into their pajamas…. Who knows, maybe it'll get the kids to go to bed early! Here are three recipes that are not only great ideas for Breakfast for Dinner, but also include TruMoo® Chocolate Milk, so you know that you're serving your family something delicious and nutritious too.
Baked TruMoo French Toast
Even if French toast is your favorite breakfast food, it can get tedious waiting for each piece to fry up. Cut the butter and time spent over the stove by baking your French toast! Dipping the French toast into TruMoo Chocolate Milk instead of regular milk gives your bread a little chocolatey kick. Top with your favorite fruit, syrup or powdered sugar.
- 6 pieces whole wheat bread
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup TruMoo Chocolate Milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, TruMoo, and cinnamon.
- Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Dip each piece of bread into the milk mixture, coating both sides. Place on pan.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until edges are slightly crispy.
TruMoo Peanut Butter Apple Oatmeal
Oatmeal is a pretty versatile dish because it can be mixed with a lot of different things. This one combines TruMoo Chocolate Milk, peanut butter and apple for a filling and delicious dinner (or breakfast!). While our TruMoo Chocolate Milk Peanut Butter spread is delicious mixed in oatmeal, it's also great to just spread on toast or a whole wheat tortilla.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 apple (cored and roughly chopped)
TruMoo Peanut Butter Spread:
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup TruMoo Chocolate Milk
- Combine water, apple juice, rolled oats and apple in a small saucepan and turn heat to high.
- When the water boils, turn the heat to low and cook until the water is just absorbed, stirring often, about 5 minutes.
- Cover the pan and turn off the heat.
- To make the TruMoo peanut butter spread, add peanut butter to small bowl. Pour in TruMoo Chocolate Milk and stir, until milk is absorbed. Add more or less for a thicker or thinner consistency.
- After 5 minutes, spoon into bowls and top with TruMoo peanut butter spread.
TruMoo Chocolate Milk Pancakes
These fluffy, decadent pillows of deliciousness will be a family favorite. The pancakes include chocolate chips, but if that's too much chocolate for you (not that we think so), you can always skip the chips. With so much sweetness, no syrup is necessary (but we might be guilty of adding some anyway).
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups TruMoo Chocolate Milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons melted butter, cooled
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients (flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and sugar).
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg and chocolate milk. Add in the butter.
- Gradually add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients, and stir until combined. Add in chocolate chips and let the batter sit for 5 minutes.
- Heat griddle over medium heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Pour batter in 1/4 to 1/2 cup portions onto a hot griddle and cook until the surface bubbles, about 1-2 minutes on each side.