Brussels sprouts are a perfect Thanksgiving recipe. Even people, who don’t think they like Brussels sprouts, end up liking this recipe after tasting it. The sprouts are cut into very thin slices, the onions caramelize to a tasty golden brown color and the pecans add the crunch.
Isn’t it nice to serve something different for a change?
Brussels Sprouts with Caramelized Onions & Pecans
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cleaned
- ¼ cup butter, unsalted
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup pecan pieces, toasted
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. Cut ends off Brussels sprouts and cut in half. Then, cut across into very thin slices. This will help "shred" the sprouts.
2. Melt butter in skillet over medium high heat. Add onions and cook, stirring until golden brown, or about 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Add pecans and Brussels sprouts and cook 3 minutes or until wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
Brussels sprouts with caramelized onions and pecans goes great with a Thanksgiving meal, or can be enjoyed on a weeknight at home!
For more recipes, check out Sally Bernstein.