Only a few days to go until season 19 of Dancing With The Stars, and we have the inside scoop on the cast!
Attention all DWTS fans! On Thursday, Sept. 3, the cast for the 19th season of Dancing With The Stars was announced on Good Morning America. This cast is chalk full of Olympians, race car drivers, and even some of our favorite style icons, and we are so excited to see who will take the 19th mirror ball trophy!
- Alfonso Ribeiro, best know as Carlton from The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, will be dancing with professional Whitney Carson in the coming season. While Carlton’s moves were never as smooth as his cousin Will’s in the 90’s sitcom, Alfonso’s character had his own signature dance moves throughout the series. Ribeiro’s dance history also includes his big break at 8-years-old when he played the lead role in the Broadway musical, The Tap Dance Kid.
- Duck Dynasty’s Sadie Robertson will be dancing alongside Mark Ballas. This will be her first time in a dancing arena, however she has no stage-fright when it comes to performing in front of a crowd. Robertson’s “Away in a Manger” duet with Alison Krauss can be heard on the album Duck the Halls: A Robertson Family Christmas. She also is familiar with dancing around controversy. The young reality star stood up for her grandfather, Phil Robertson, following his controversial GQ interview last year.
- Michael Waltrip is usually behind the wheel of a race car but this time around, the three time NASCAR champion will be putting his tap dance moves to the test. Waltrip will be dancing with Emma Slater. The 51-year-old’s regular NASCAR suit will have to be transformed into a glittery dance ensemble fit for the stage.
- Lolo Jones is the one to beat this season. Her athletic talent will come in handy throughout the season and not to mention her body will look killer in all those costumes. Dancing with partner Keo Motsepe, the 32-year-old Olympian already has three gold medals and is looking to add a gold Mirror Ball trophy to her collection.
- Ladies, Aaron Samuels will be dancing. Jonathan Bennett, best known for his part in 2004's Mean Girls, will be dancing with partner Allison Holker. His other work includes Veronica Mars and Smallville. Hopefully his acting talents will help ease the transition to dancing.
- Lea Thompson joins the season 19 cast. Her previous performance in Bye Bye Birdie will surely translate well on to the dance floor. Her other acting gigs include CSI and Friends,but she is most known for her character Lorraine McFly in the Back to the Future trilogy. Her dancing partner is Artem Chigvintsev.
- Antonio Sabato Jr. will be dancing with Cheryl Burke –in what will arguably be the best looking duo for the coming season. The former Calvin Klein underwear model has some dance moves up his sleeve from his music video debut in 1990 in Janet Jackson’s “Love Will Never Do.” Other television appearances include Ugly Betty, Rizzoli & Isles, and his past VH1 reality show, My Antonio.
- Another Olympian besides Lolo Jones will be Randy Couture, the former UFC wrestler will be dancing with Karina Smirnoff. The 51-year-old has acquired one gold medal from the Pan American Games and two bronze medals from competing in the FILA Wrestling World Cup.
- Pretty Little Liars is making an appearance on DWTS in the form of Janel Parrish. Known for her character, Mono Vanderwaal, Parrish will be dancing with Val Chmerkovskiy. She has long been performing on stages since a little girl with other roles in The Bernie Mac Show, Zoey 101 and The O.C.
- The oldest contestant this season is Tommy Chong, dancing with Peta Murgatroyd. The 76-year-old Canada native is best known for his character on That 70’s Show, Leo.
- Fashion icon Betsey Johnson, 72, will be dancing with Tony Dovolani. Johnson is not only known for her unique and loud fashion style, but for her backflips and cartwheels that she has done after fashion shows. Johnson is not one to be reckoned with, with those moves.
- YouTube vlogger (video blogger) Bethany Mota will be dancing with Derek Hough this season. She began her YouTube channel in 2009 and his since gained over six million followers.The Business Insider describes her as “a virtuoso of positivity,” that will sure help as she learns to dance. Also, her fans, the “mota-vators” will be rigorously cheering for the young star.
- And finally, Tavis Smiley will be partnered with Sharna Burgess. The former talk show host is used to entertaining a big audience. And with his experience on networks like BET and TBS, his fan base will be cheering him on.
Photo Credit: Instagram
Video Credit: YouTube