Hollywood’s hottest stars are at... the Farmer’s Market!
There are so many crazes that come and go in L.A., but one fad has turned into a mainstay. Shopping for the freshest fruits and vegetables, flowers, specialty items and delicious fresh prepared food at the farmer’s market is not only sticking around but also becoming even more the norm.
On any given weekend (and some weekdays), everyday moms and Hollywood’s hottest parents who want the best for their brood can be found at the farmer’s market.
Hollywood’s hottest stars visit the farmer’s market everywhere from Santa Monica to Brentwood, Malibu and Calabasas. It’s a shopping trip their kids don’t mind either - share the news with your kids and maybe you can get them to tag along with you.
Famous families are getting fresh flowers for the table, just picked organic fruits and veggies, juices, smoothies, meeting friends, watching their kids take pony rides, go down inflatable slides and more.
There is so much that’s fabulous about a farmer’s market and the great news is you don’t have to be in Tinseltown to find one. Sure they are year-round outside there (luckies!), but markets in other areas are also brimming with just picked fruits and veggies, yummy homemade jams and fixings, prepared gourmet goodness and more. There are also lots of booths that are change with the times; you can find gluten-free and nut-free goodies too.
The easiest way to find one by you is to do an Internet search with the words "farmer’s market" or "roadside produce stands" and your area. Not only will you and your family have fun picking ingredients for dinner that night, you’ll come home with a really fresh stash and will feel like you’re one of Hollywood’s most famous faces at the farmer’s market.
Guide to Celebs’ Favorite Farmer’s Market
- Los Angeles. This is perhaps the oldest and most original farmer’s market. It’s in the Fairfax section of the city and is now attached to a fabulous outdoor mall called The Grove. Celebs spotted there recently? Eric Dane and wife Rebecca Gayheart with their daughters Georgia and Billie (who got to ride ponies). They also met up with celeb stylist Rachel Zoe, her hubbie Rodger Berman and their sons Skyler and Kai. Ian Somerhalder and Nikki Reed were also seen there, packing on the PDA.
- Beverly Hills. Newlywed and pregnant Stacy Keibler doesn’t let George Clooney’s recent marriage keep her inside. She and husband Jared Pobre have been seen strolling here. Leonardo DeCaprio likes this spot too.
- Santa Monica. Just steps away from the Pacific, Jessica Alba and her family are fans of the fresh fruit.
- Calabasas. Long time residents Kourtney and other Kardashians like this spot that’s got everything from produce and flowers to candy, tacos and lobster rolls. Newcomers to the area Katie Holmes and Suri Cruise have been there picking up a few things here too.
- Brentwood. They may be seen bicycling around NYC often, but when in L.A., Liev Schreiber, Naomi Watts and sons Sasha and Samuel come here. Jennifer Garner, Ben Affleck, Violet, Seraphina and Samuel also frequent this spot, although they like to check out the other markets in town too.
- Studio City. This hip place is seeing a lot of celebs and fabulous restaurants move in. So of course they’ve got a farmer’s market too. We know that Selma Blair likes to take her son Arthur here.
- Malibu. If you’re heading to the beach on a weekend here, check out the farmer’s market in this posh spot. You might see Tori Spelling with Dean McDermot and their kids Liam, Stella, Finn and Hattie (and Dean’s 15 year old son Jack).
- Hollywood. Here, Gwen Stefani, Gavin Rossdale and their sons Kingston and Zuma spend some quality family time.
Photo Credit: Splash