Where the celebrities love to go for a meal out.
If you’re planning a trip any time soon to L.A. and need to have a celeb sighting to make it all worth it...or you're just a secret stalker of the glitterati and have to know where they go, we know where you can find them! The best places? Well, celebs love to hang at a good restaurant. We've got the scoop on just where the celebrities love to go for a meal out.
Now, there’s the obvious long standing hot spots like Chateau Marmont, The Polo Lounge, The Ivy, Mr. Chow and Matsuhisa (for many of us East Coasters and others, that’s Nobu to you) where celebrities fancy a meal out. Of course there are all the new, hip spots opened by the most sought after chefs - and even a few celebs who own their own eatery.
Many famous folk go more for trendy yet quiet places or tucked away cafes, like Urth Café pictured below.
Some of these spots are so fab that regulars and Hollywood royalty mingle with tables right next to each other. By the way, this works because locals who frequent those places don’t freak when they see a famous person (word to the wise).
Other places are favored by celebs who get mobbed no matter what and appreciate the nondescript back entry to shield them from crazed fans and photographers.
So we are going to share the places where celebrities love to go for a meal out and the restaurant addresses. But promise us if you go, you’ll be on your best behavior!
Top 10 Restaurants to Spot Celebs in Los Angeles
- Koi: You’ll find Japanese, Asian fusion, and a large sushi menu here.
730 La Cienega Boulevard in West Hollywood.
- Casa Vega: This cantina has big, yummy portions and is as well known for their empanadas as they are for their margaritas and Mexican beers. The dark atmosphere is ideal for celebs.
13301 Ventura Boulevard in Sherman Oaks.
- Berri’s Café: The modern Mediterranean spot is also known for its gourmet pizza.
8412 West 3rd Street in Los Angeles.
- Dan Tanas: This famed Italian spot is a great one for celeb spotting and havin' some home cooking.
9071 Santa Monica Boulevard in West Hollywood.
- CUT: This steakhouse is clean and minimal in design but a favorite for meat fans. It’s at the Beverly Wilshire.
9500 Wilshire Boulevard in Beverly Hills.
- Urth Café: You might have to fight for an outdoor seat here but it’ll be worth it for star spotting as well as enjoying your fave organic coffee, tea or health conscious (but equally delicious) meal. The best locations to see someone include 8565 Melrose Avenue in West Hollywood, 267 South Beverly Drive in Beverly Hills or in Santa Monica at 2327 Main Street.
- Tavern: They’re as known for their wine as for their food. And you might celeb mini me’s here or bring your own as this restaurant got voted "Best Kids Menu" from LA magazine.
11648 San Vincente Boulevard in Brentwood.
- Fig & Olive: This is one of those spots with a separate entrance but don’t be deterred. Once inside the food is delish and so is the scenery (if you know what we mean).
8490 Melrose Place in West Hollywood.
- Cecconi’s: This classic Italian spot serves breakfast, lunch and dinner; they offer a tapas menu as well. Mmmmm.
8764 Melrose Avenue in West Hollywood.
- Scarpetta: The original in NYC moved west and has spots in between and then some from Miami to Las Vegas and up to Toronto. The California location has the same signature dishes as the rest of the spots, but each place has it’s own individual twist.
At Montage Beverly Hills, 225 North Canon Drive, Beverly Hills.
For more on celebrity news, check out poshmom.com.