Just one pan to cook a great dish!
It's a classic that is sure to please all who dig in - from kids coming home hungry from practice to you and your gal pals hanging out with a nice white wine. Enjoy the recipe below!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed OR thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Italian Herb Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Minced Garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon Spice Islands® Medium Grind Black Pepper
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) reduced sodium chicken broth
- 8 ounces fettuccini OR penne pasta
- 4 cups fresh OR frozen broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, julienned, optional
- 4 ounces reduced fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 2 minutes or until lightly browned (chicken will not be fully cooked at this point). Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan; stir in onions and cook for 2 minutes. Add garlic, Italian herb seasoning and black pepper. Stir in chicken broth; bring to a boil. Add pasta and stir gently. Reduce heat to medium and cover pan with lid. Cook for 7 to 8 minutes, stirring once. Add chicken, broccoli, red bell pepper (if desired) and cream cheese; stirring to combine. Reduce heat to low, cover and continue cooking for 5 to 7 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese until melted and sauce has thickened. Serve immediately.
Yield: 8 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Recommended for you
More articles you may like