Doesn't that just make your mouth water? If you are a little intimidated by cooking your chicken on the grill, don't be! Chef G. Garvin from the Cooking Channel show Road Trip with G. Garvin has some quick tips for adding the yard-bird to your next backyard dinner.
CHEF G'S CHICKEN MARINADE:
Chef Garvin suggests this when grilling up chicken thighs, but we think it works for just about any kind of chicken you are throwing on the grill.
- 3 lbs. chicken thighs
- ½ cup Gold Peak Sweet Tea BBQ sauce, see recipe
- For Marinade
- ½ cup Gold Peak Tea
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp. kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp. fresh rosemary removed from stem
- 2 tbsp. fresh thyme
- Combine all ingredients for marinade in a food processor until well combined.
- Place rinsed chicken thighs in a metal bowl and pour marinade over top.
- Coat chicken well with marinade.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove chicken thighs from marinade and place on preheated grill over a medium-low heat.
- Grill for about 20 minutes with the lid down, making sure to turn occasionally.
- Start brushing with Gold Peak Sweet Tea BBQ sauce when chicken is close to done, repeating every 5 minutes until sauce is sticky and caramelized.
- Remove from grill and serve.