Here’s a combination of two simple sweets that have never tasted better!
Whether you’re planning a last minute party or you just want to serve a treat after dinner, semi-homemade desserts can be perfect. Sometimes, it feels good to just whip up a cake straight from the box or break apart some cookie dough and be eating them in minutes. But, when those flavors aren’t exciting enough, get creative and fuse the two together! This may just be the easiest recipe of all time.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcake Recipe
- 1 box of yellow cake mix and listed ingredients
- 1 package of chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1 tub of chocolate frosting
- Colorful sprinkles and decorating extras
- Open the cookie dough package and, if needed to be sliced, do so and roll into balls the size of a quarter. If the cookie dough is break-and-bake, take the pre-cut squares and roll them into balls.
- Place the cookie dough balls along a non-stick baking sheet and pop them in the freezer for about an hour or two to set up.
- When it is almost time for the cookie dough to come out of the freezer, preheat the oven to 375 degrees and prepare the yellow cake mix. Just simply follow the back instructions which usually include an egg, water, and oil. Mix well with an electric beater to get rid of any powder pockets.
- Once smooth, spoon the cake mix into paper liners in a cupcake pan about ¾ of the way full.
- Remove the cookie dough from the freezer and drop one ball in the center of each cupcake. Lightly press them down so that they are nearly covered by the batter.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. The cupcake batter will rise and conceal the cookie dough balls inside. When they are a golden brown, they’re ready to come out.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes to let the cake firm up.
- Spread a thin layer of chocolate frosting on top of each cupcake, decorate how you wish, and enjoy!
Surprise everyone with this simple dessert recipe so that they can enjoy the experience of not having to choose between cookies and cake. Enjoy!