If you like soft, cake-like cookies, this will be your new favorite recipe!
Some people like their cookies crunchy and others like them soft. If you’re a softie, you’ll love these cake-like cookies! Not only are they delicious on their own for an after-dinner treat, they are perfect for making sundaes! Just add a scoop of vanilla, a little hot fudge and whipped cream and dessert is served!
Enjoy this cookie recipe I’ve been baking for decades, it’s a family recipe! Happy baking!
- ½ cup of butter
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 1 ¾ cup of sifted flour
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- 3 tablespoons of cocoa
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- ½ cup of milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, cream together the butter (make sure it’s soft), sugar and egg until fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and cocoa. If you don’t have a sifter, you can sift the ingredients by using a whisk or toss it like you would a salad using two spoons.
- Add the creamy mixture to the dry mixture.
- Blend it all together and add the milk and vanilla.
- Place by spoonfuls onto a buttered or greased cookie sheet and bake for 8 minutes.
- They will come out fluffy and moist! Eat them plain or add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top for a delicious treat!
Photo Credit: April Schallau