Cheat your way to the best tasting holiday dessert! You could easily bake your own cake, but who has time for that during the holidays? You’ve got planning and shopping to do, so head to your local supermarket and pick up some candy canes and an angel food cake to craft a moist, yummy dessert!
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 8 ounces of peppermint candies or candy canes
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- 1 store-bought angel food cake
1. Place peppermint candies or candy canes in a large plastic bag and seal.
2. Crush them into small pieces with a meat pounder, hammer, or use the bottom of a fryer pan.
3. In a large bowl, beat cream with sugar using a mixer until soft peaks form.
4. Frost cake with whipped cream.
5. Sprinkle the top of the frosted cake with your crushed candy canes. Toss the crushed candy canes at the sides of the cake.
6. Serve immediately and refrigerate leftovers.
Photo Credit: April Schallau