Get ready to chow down on this frugal chicken slow cooker recipe!
Who knew that when you combine maple syrup and stone ground mustard, you get the most mouthwatering flavor! This crockpot maple mustard chicken recipe is the perfect inexpensive dinner for your family tonight and it will keep tummies happily full! This dinner is so easy as it only has three simple ingredients; you can throw it all into the slow cooker and dinner will be ready in just three hours! Perfect for a cozy night-in for two or for the whole family!
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- ½ cup of maple syrup. Use 100 percent all-natural maple syrup for an extra-healthy supper!
- 1/3 cup of stone ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons of quick-cooking tapioca. You can find this in the pudding aisle at your local store
- Stovetop brown rice or rice pilaf
- Optional: your favorite veggies
- Rinse off your chicken and cut off any fat pieces, if desired.
- Place your chicken breasts flat in your slow cooker and turn the temperature to low. You can easily reduce this recipe to four chicken breasts too.
- In a small bowl, mix the mustard, tapioca and maple syrup together.
- Pour mixture over the chicken in the crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4
- hours, or until chicken becomes tender.
- Serve with stovetop brown rice or rice pilaf and veggies. There will also be plenty of extra sauce for dipping or for the rice.
So easy, so fast, so yummy!
Photo Credit: April Schallau