Make exercise more fun by attending dance-cardio classes! Jill DeMarlo of Arthur Murray Dance Center says dancing is a great way to get in a good exercise session. She breaks down the different and unique dances you can do to work out any part of your body.
Fun Dance Workouts
- Beginner: If you’re just starting out, DeMarlo suggests signing up for private lessons. They cater to what you’re looking for and you can make your own schedule and go at your own pace.
- Cardio: Try faster pace dances like the Cha-Cha, Hustle, Salsa and Samba for a good cardio workout.
- Core Strengthening and Toning: Slower moves like the Waltz and Rhumba help tone your body and are a few great dance workouts.
Why People are Going to Dance Centers
- Exercise: People are looking for fun ways to be active without talking themselves off a treadmill.
- It's Unique: People are watching shows like "Dancing With The Stars" and "So You Think You Can Dance" and want to do something similar.
- Stress Relief: Dancing is great to get your mind off things!
Exercising doesn’t always have to be going to the gym and getting on a treadmill. Dancing is a great and fun way to get fit! Arthur Murray Dance Centers have many locations. See if there is one in your area!