Robbing The Cradle
More and more women are dating younger men these days. Why is this and does dating a younger man work? It seems that since that infamous movie, "The Graduate" with Dustin Hoffman, societal attitudes have really changed over the years in favor of the arrangement. We see many women in Hollywood dating and even marrying younger men as well. Many women who have done it will tell you that dating a younger man has it's advantages and disadvantages. We'll lay out the advantages and disadvantages of dating a younger man.
Relationships With Younger Men
Advantages of Dating Younger Men
- LOOK AND FEEL YOUNGER: Hollywood has set the stage for women dating men who are significantly younger than they are. Think of Demi Moore, Susan Sarandon and even Madonna. And honestly it never looked all that strange because the women all look good for their ages. Dating a younger man helps you feel younger, and keeps you young. And let's face it, we probably try harder to look good so the relationship doesn't look out of place. We work on our appearance and stay motivated to look good by working out and eating right; maybe even a little nip and tuck.
- ESTABLISH YOUR INDEPENDENCE: Women make more money now and because of this, are more financially secure, paving the way for them to date a younger man. They don't have to look for a man to support them because they support themselves. They can be more choosy about who they date. And maybe, just maybe, the younger man is seeking the support that women traditionally dated and married for.
- IMPROVE YOUR SEX LIFE: Sexual compatibility can be a good reason to consider dating a younger man. Women typically hit their "sexual peaks" around age 40, when men their age are starting to fill Viagra prescriptions. Younger men put simply, want a little action pretty frequently, so the sex drives between a younger man and 40-ish women jive.
- IMPROVE THEIR SEX LIFE: Many women who date younger men find that the boys admire life and even the added sexual experiences the older woman has. There is something of a hero worship factor on the part of a younger man dating an older woman. In addition, the woman can provide mentoring to the young man.
Disadvantages of Dating Younger Men
- DEALING WITH THE IMMATURE: Younger men can be immature and the older woman might feel like a parent. Some men in their 20's act mature way beyond their years. Others simply act like they are in their 20's. So you will have to decide how much immaturity you can tolerate. Many women will tell you they become exhausted by the immaturity and end the relationships.
- LACK OF EXPERIENCE: The lack of experience, both relationship and sexual in a younger man can be just as much of a disadvantage as it is an advantage for you, unless you are of the teacher type and are patient. Most women balance out the good and the bad before deciding if lack of experience is a problem.
- BEING JUDGED: Inevitably when you date a younger man, you will have mixed reviews from friends and family. You will have mixed reviews from his friends and family. Be prepared to be teased or joked about. As yourself how thick your skin is and you will know if you can handle a relationship with a younger man.