My mother always used to tell me to eat my carrots at the dinner table. She assured me that my eyes would sparkle in the morning, but I never had anything against vegetables to begin with, even if this was false. Sure, the carrots didn’t really make my eyes sparkle (I hope this doesn’t ruin anyone’s day), but besides being a great vegetable base for juicing, there are other ways to use carrots besides eating them.
We've got a simple recipe for you to make your own facial!
DIY Facial Mask: What are the Benefits?
- You know the exact ingredients in the facial and you won’t have to worry about it being too oily or making your skin too dry. Some anti-aging wrinkle creams strip away important layers of your skin. This will make your skin more prone to sun damage very quickly.
- No emulsifiers will be found in your own anti-aging carrot facial. Emulsifiers keep you from having to shake your product every time you use it. Think of it as a binding agent (like gluten is in bread). These emulsifiers stay on your skin after you use them though, causing your skin to dry out very quickly.
- Whatever you put on your skin also enters your bloodstream. This comes as a shock for many people, but remember, even though our skin has layers, we still have pores that can access the bloodstream. As an example, this is also why you see a lot of beauty products that say gluten-free because everything seaps below your skin.
DIY Carrot Anti-Aging Facial Ingredients
- 1 diced carrot (cooked until very soft)
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 vitamin C capsule
- Mash carrots in a bowl with a fork.
- Add honey.
- Break capsule to mix powder (discard plastic capsule).
- Stir until creamy smooth.
Have you ever tried making your own facial? What were the benefits you experienced from a natural approach like this? Share with us your stories about making your own beauty products.