Are you the crafty type? Find out this simple way to make chain earrings.
There are times when us women just can’t find the right pair of earrings. We have nothing at home, or so we think, so we search our favorite place to shop and end up coming home empty handed. Well, DIY guru Rinchen from HIGHonDIY.com has a remedy for that... Just do it yourself!
DIY Wrap Around Gold Chain Earrings
Sometimes the easiest solution to a fashion excursion that has come up short is to make the missing piece yourself. Earrings are especially an easy make-at-home accessory. The key to DIY earrings is a button? Yes, a button!
- Flat back buttons: As long as the back of the button is flat you can use circular, square, printed, sequinor whatever type of button you choose
- Gold chain
- Earring post/backs
- Jewelry pliers
- Apply a little glue on the tip of the toothpick. Place glue on the back of the earring post using the toothpick.
- Place earring post on the back of the button and let dry for a few minutes.
- Repeat steps for second button.
- Take chain and measure a piece long enough to wrap around the button’s edge and long enough to dangle. Cut chain to your desired length.
- Once button backs are dry, take the toothpick and add glue to the edge of the button.
- Carefully wrap gold chain around the edge.
- Repeat steps on the other button.
It doesn't end there. You can get as creative as you want. Dangle, no dangle, the choice is yours. Try unique patterned buttons, bold colors, ecclectic materials. Style your earrings the way you want by putting your own flavor into your DIY chain earrings. Whatever you choose, we’re sure it’ll be a DIY project gone fabulous!