Remember that old junky pieces of furniture that you have in the guest room? We have a solution for you!
Buying new furniture is always fun, until you glance at the prices and start crying because it's just too out of reach. Instead of buying new furniture, however, why not get a little bit creative? With this DIY Chalk Paint Furniture project, you can turn any hand-me-down piece of wood furniture from drab to fab after a few small steps!
DIY Chalk Paint Furniture Directions
- Annie Sloan Chalk Paint
- Annie Sloan Soft Wax- Both you have to check Annie Sloan's website to see where she sells them. They are only sold at certain stores.
- Paint brushes (various Sizes)
- Sock or washcloth
- Paint chalk paint on furniture (You can be messy with it, the paint is very forgiving).
- You can choose to paint one or two coats. Two coats usually makes the furniture look a bit more rustic.
- Once the paint dries apply the soft wax using an old sock or washcloth.
- Once wax dries sand in areas you wish then apply the wax again in those sanded areas.
So forget the pricey furniture stores, because you can create a whole new set with this simple DIY. Share your chalk paint furniture pictures with us on social media!
Photo Credit: Julie B.