Here's a unique Christmas decoration idea.
Have you ever gone through your Christmas decorations and thought, “What party have my ornaments been to within the year?” because they're bent up and out of shape? If this happens to you, we have an idea for new and improved ornaments for the tree you don’t have to shop around for. Make your own. That’s right. Get out the glitter, scissors, and ribbon and get to it. Here are some simple DIY Christmas tree ornaments.
Creating your own Christmas tree ornaments is a simple craft. Decorating Christmas ornaments is the perfect way to showcase your crafty side and add a unique touch to the Christmas tree. Spending a weekend creating Christmas ornaments with your family is also a super fun activity you can all do together. From DIY Minnie Mouse ornaments to DIY glitter ornaments, here are a few Christmas tree decorations.
DIY Glitter Ornaments
- Glass ornaments
- Extra-fine glitter
- Pledge floor finish with future
- Remove the top of one of the ornaments.
- Squirt just a little bit of the pledge floor finish into the top of the ornament.
- Swirl it around to coat the inside thoroughly. Do not shake.
- Put the ornament over the bottle to drain the excess.
- Cut the very end of the envelope to use as a funnel to put glitter inside the ornament.
- Shake the glitter around, holding a thumb over the top/opening of the ornament.
- Put the top back on.
- You can add ribbon or whatever cute accessories you like to your ornament.
DIY Minnie Mouse Ornaments
#merrychristmas #disneyornaments #mickeyandminnie #mickeyornament #minnieornament #redornaments #mickeymouseornament #mickey #mickeymouse #minniemouse #minniemouseornament #minnie #mickeyandminnieornaments #mickeyandminniemouse #redthemed #redtheme #redchristmas #christmasspirit #holidayspirit #readyforchristmas #christmasiscoming #disney #itsthemostwonderfultimeoftheyear #itsbeginningtolookalotlikechristmas
- Black sparkly ornaments or glass ornaments
- Red glitter
- Crazy glue or glue gun
- Craft glue rhinestones
- Red polka dot ribbon
- Small fur balls
- Measuring tape (small)
- Paint brush
- If you don’t have black sparkly or black metallic ornaments, follow the steps to DIY glitter ornaments using black glitter.
- If you do have black ornaments, measure 2 1/2 inches from the top of the ornaments and make a dotted line around the ornament horizontally with craft glue.
- Carefully not going past the dotted line, paint the glue on the bottom half of the ornament.
- To make it easier, you can put the ornament on top of a plastic cup or cylindrically shaped object.
- Dip the ornament in a small bowl of red glitter or shake the glitter on the ornament.
- After the glitter has dried, put glue dots using the glue gun or crazy glue on the glitter portion or bottom of the ornament.
- Press rhinestones on top of the glue dots.
- Glue two small furr balls on each side of the ornament.
- Glue tied red polka dot ribbon to the top of the ornament.
- There’s Minnie! You can create Mickey by leaving out the rhinestones.
If you don’t have any idea what to get your friends and family this holiday, you can give DIY ornaments. These Christmas tree ornaments make great gifts.