When jeans start to flood, or get worn in certain places, it’s time to cut them off. Literally.
Everyone goes through a stage when old jeans are just too old to hold onto. So, instead of throwing them out, cut them and make your own pair of DIY cut-off shorts. The simple trick allows you to replace a non-wearable item of clothing with a wearable item of clothing. Here’s how to make DIY cut-off shorts.
How-To: Easy DIY Shorts
- First, try on your jeans to determine how short you want them.
- Mark your jeans with the pencil where you want to cut them off. Be mindful that if you want the roll-up look, mark them an inch or two below the desired length.
- Lay the jeans out on a flat surface.
- Cut jeans across where your guide or marker is.
- For rugged shorts, pull at the frayed ends of the shorts, where the cut is to create more fringes. For rolled-up shorts, roll up an inch to about one and a half inch and roll again.
Now you can make more easy DIY shorts for yourself and even your friends. Use sandpaper to create a distressed look and add small gems for a bedazzled detail.