Floating candles look so whimsical and are the perfect addition to any centerpiece. This DIY floating candle project is easy to create, completely inexpensive, and will look so cute that your party guests will assume you bought it! All you require is a mason jar, water, raffia for a pretty bow, glass gems to add elegance and your favorite scented floating candle.
The fun part? Choosing your glass gems! You have the creativity to use any mixture of colors to craft the perfect jar. For the holidays you could give these out as gifts and use black and orange gems for Halloween or red and green for Christmas and then finish off with a cedar-scented candle!
What You’ll Need
- Thin curly raffia
- Scented or unscented floating candles. We choose relaxing linen for the bedroom!
- Variously sized mason jars. We used one large and two smaller.
- Fresh, clean water
- Multi-colored decorative glass gems
- Take 3-5 pieces of your thin, curly raffia and tie a bow around the top of the mason jar.
- Fill the jar a third of the way with your multi-colored glass gems. I chose pink, white, clear and frosted.
- Then fill the mason jar with fresh, clean water about halfway.
- Set your floating candle inside the jar, light and wow!
These DIY floating candles look gorgeous lined up on a mantle or as the focal point of your centerpiece. And the best part? They’re reusable! Just change the water every week and replace with a new candle or change out the glass gems to match the festive time of year!
Photo Credit: April Schallau