One of my favorite lattes from coffee shops during the winter and holidays is a gingerbread latte but all those trips to the coffee shop can add up. And if you’re like me, you love indulging in this drink too to stay warm from the snow! Now, you can make this yummy latte right at home; it’s even better than the $5 coffee shop latte! This recipe makes plenty of syrup that you can store in your fridge for a couple of months so you can indulge whenever you want!
- 2 cups of clean, fresh water
- 1½ cups of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla
- ½ cup of whole milk
- 8 oz. of strong black coffee
- Whipped cream
- Ground cinnamon
- To make the syrup, add the water, sugar, ground ginger and ground cinnamon in a saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Brew your hot coffee and add your milk.
- Add 3-4 tablespoons of the gingerbread syrup.
- Zap in the microwave since the milk will cool it.
- Top with whipped cream and shake a little cinnamon on top.
- Once the syrup has cooled, you can store the syrup in a container in the fridge.