Give your hair and skin a break from the sun and lighten your hair in an all natural way!
As much as we love hanging at the beach and getting that light summer hair, sometimes we just don’t have the time. Plus, if you use bleach to lighten your hair, you know there are so many damaging chemicals. This recipe for homemade hair lightening spray gives you that gradual highlighted look in no time and without the damage! Get that gorgeous, sun-kissed hairstyle and look summer ready!
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup hydrogen peroxide
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chamomile tea left to steep until it's strong
- A spray bottle
- Pour all contents into your spray bottle and stir gently until mixed.
- Spritz on towel-dry hair, comb through and style as usual. It will also make your hair smell crisp and fresh!
- It will take a few uses to see results. Although, if you use heat on your hair like a straightener or blow dryer, you will see results faster.
If your hair is naturally dark, this DIY hair lightening spray will give you gradual highlights similar to a brown or ginger color. You may also want to consider trying to spritz a little of the mixture on a strand of hair to see how it will react. Have you ever tried to lighten your hair with all natural ingredients?