Have endless lipstick colors with this easy (and somewhat wacky) idea!
Sometimes, it can be difficult to find the best lipstick color- whether it's to match a specific outfit or to have as your go-to everyday look. Ready for a crazy idea? You can use crayons as your color palette. It’s fun and easy to figure out.
Benefits of Making Your Own Lipstick
- There are so many color options you can mix together!
- You can save money on makeup in the long run and your ingredients won’t run out too quickly.
- Some brand name lipsticks can have traces of lead in the ingredients. Even if the levels are low, what’s the point when making your own lipstick takes a few minutes with only three ingredients? Crayons are made non-toxic for children so they are perfectly safe to use.
- ½ teaspoon olive oil or coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon shea butter
- ½ crayon of your choice
- Boil water in a saucepan and place a glass bowl on top. This way the heat is indirect and you don’t end up with a pool of hard wax.
- Combine the oil and shea butter to the bowl first and then add your crayon. Stir the ingredients together and everything should be melted down very quickly.
- Pour mixture into some kind of container. You can use an old lipstick tube, lip balm jar, or even small plastic containers you can find at craft stores very inexpensively.
- Place container in the refrigerator for 15 minutes and voila! You have a new beautiful shade of lipstick to add to your collection.
Don't stop at just the solid colors. Add bits of the white crayon to make pastels or black and purple to make a deep color for this fall!
Now you have all the power when it comes to having the perfect lipstick that is right for you.