Create your own marbleized nail art right at home!
You don’t need to fork up $50 anymore at the nail salon to get awesome, intricate nail art designs. Save your money and show off your creative talent at home. Marble nail art is the newest craze and you can get this trendy, chic look at home. Your friends and family won’t believe how talented you are!
What You’ll Need
- Base coat
- Top coat
- Old bowl
- 4-5 different nail polish colors
- Petroleum jelly or tape
- Cotton buds
- Prep your nails by filing them to your desired shape and removing any old nail polish.
- Apply your base coat.
- Once your base coat has dried, apply either petroleum jelly or tape on the skin around your nails so the polish won’t make a huge mess on your skin.
- Pick out your favorite four or five nail polish colors. Your design will have a marble effect so pick colors that will look fab together such as pastel colors or bright neon colors for the summer! Try for a rainbow effect!
- Using an old jar or cup, fill it with room temperature water. The polish will ruin the cup so don’t use a drinking glass you love!
- Take your first polish and drop some of the polish into the water. You will see the drop expand in the water. Take your second polish and drop another drip in the center of the first one, and so on.
- Take a toothpick and drag through the middle of the design.
- Then, make 4-5 more lines in the design, until you’ve reached your desired design.
- Take your first finger and dip your nail into the design upside down and wait about ten seconds and the design will be imprinted on the nail.
- Do the rest of your four fingers on the first hand and wait a few minutes before removing the excess with a cotton bud. It will look messy at first but once you remove the excess polish on the skin, we promise you will be in love with your design!
- Wait until all five fingers are dried, apply a top coat, dry and then do your next hand the same way!