If you want to make some fabulous noise-makers for your New Year's celebration, we have a list of great designs that will ensure you are ringing in the New Year in style.
After the holidays are over, many of us are thrilled to celebrate just one more time by ringing in the New Year. The start of a New Year means creating resolutions, excitement at what is yet to come, and closing the current year with a fabulous celebration. If your New Year's Eve plans involve going out to festive parties or celebrating at home, noise-makers are always a necessity.
After the holiday spending spree, buying noise-makers to help ring in the New Year may not be in our budget. Fortunately, there are many great do-it-yourself noise-makers that are quick and simple to make. Even better, if you are a mom, you can involve your kids in New Year’s celebrations by making these easy and inexpensive noise-makers with them while they are home on winter break.
Creating stylish noise-makers is incredibly easy and very fun. You can let your personality shine through.
- Plain noisemakers
- Craft paint in your favorite colors
- Glitter and glitter glue
- Glue gun
- Sequins (optional)
- Start by thinking what design you want to create. Pick your favorite colors and glitter.
- Apply glitter to the plain noisemaker. It is better to apply your glitter and glitter glue first to avoid glitter getting in places where you don’t want it to be. Place your glitter where you like and paint around it. You can create a chevron print, a sparkly glitter look, or any design you would like.
- Finish by using the glue gun to add the streamers and sequins.
Yet another DIY noise-maker is a paper horn made with card stock. This is another design that allows your personal style to shine.
- Light card stock in any design you like
- Inexpensive party horns
- Hot glue
- Your choice of embellishment
- Start by taking your party horns apart. Then, trace them on the card stock to ensure you cut the right amount of paper.
- Once you have your horn pattern traced, cut out the design on the card stock paper and put the horn back together.
- Add the card stock paper on top of the horn and glue on.
- Once you have the edges glued on just right, add the plastic noisemaker piece on the bottom and secure.
- Next, you can add your embellishments. You can take streamers in a coordinating color and fan them around the top, add sequins and glitter or sparkly ribbon. Let your creativity shine through in your design!
Another fun option is to make a noise-maker that includes bells.
- Wooden stick from the craft store (makes sure it’s thick and includes a round top)
- Any color bells
- Thick ribbon for the stick, thin ribbon for fastening the bells
- Hot glue
- Take your wooden stick and wrap the thick ribbon around the base, securing with the hot glue.
- Next, take your thin ribbon and wrap it through the bells, then secure on the wooden stick by tying it in a bow around the round top.
- Add any other embellishments you would like, but this noisemaker looks great with just the ribbon, bells and bow.
New Year's Eve is a perfect time to enjoy and celebrate what’s yet to come. Enjoy making these festive noisemakers to help you ring in the New Year!