Wrapping gifts never looked so clever.
Gift wrap bows can be so boring. Throw that bag of old Christmas gift wrapping paper and bows back into the closet and grab a pair of scissors, a stapler, and newspaper instead. You are going to spruce up your Christmas gifts with a DIY gift wrap bow made of newspaper. Who knew newspaper could be so useful?
Not only can you use newspaper to wrap gifts, you can use it to make a DIY newspaper gift wrap bow. To top of this super cool newspaper bow, it is easy to do.
How to Make a Newspaper Gift Wrap Bow
- Lay out all the paper you want to use.
- Cut paper into strips. You’ll need four strips for each layer of the bow. You can cut each strip in different sizes or the same, depending on how you want your bow to look.
- Fold each end of the strip into the middle so they touch in the middle and staple. Do not crease.
- Fold and staple the next strip on top in a T shape.
- Fold and staple the next two strips to make an X shape.
- You can stop or keep layering strips. If you choose to keep layering, make sure your next four strips for the next layer are shorter as each layer’s strips should be slightly shorter.
- Add a pearl, tiny ornament, button, frilled construction paper for your center and attach to your gift.
How cute is that?! If you are not into newspaper, use comic book paper or old book paper. You can also opt for intrinsic craft paper.