A colorful and simplistic holiday décor option using real peppermint candies and candles!
Candles during Christmastime are essential for décor, holiday smells in your home and setting up the perfect holiday ambiance. Make your own peppermint candy candles and decorate your home for the holidays.
They also make great centerpieces for your holiday table. You may want to use fake candles for this project to make sure the melted wax doesn’t ruin the candies. This DIY project also makes a great hostess gift!
What You’ll Need
- 1 large bag of peppermint candies
- 1 fake pillar candle
- Large vase
- Red tea light
- Small candleholder
- Place your pillar candle inside the glass vase.
- Unwrap all your peppermint candies and fill the sides around the pillar candle with the candies.
- Continue until half or 2/3 of the candle is showing.
- Next, fill the small candleholder close to the top with the candies and add a red tea light on top.
Photo Credit: April Schallau